Friday, January 2, 2015

Coming soon...

I'm back! After a few months' hiatus from brewing and after 7 (count them- S E V E N) bad batches of beer, I have decided to brew beer again. I just got an upgrade to my beermaking equipment and will soon be making AG/grain-extract batches. BUT...I need to use all of my Mr. Beer refill kits first. In the next few months, I will be making a Pale Ale, a Christmas/Winter Spiced Ale, another White IPA, and a Saison.

First up is the American Pale Ale. The Mr. Beer extract for the pale ale is modeled after a Northwest pale ale like Sierra Nevada. Since I am getting rid of the Mr. Beer supplies, I have decided to just have fun, do a little bit of research and tweak the recipes. For the pale ale, I am adding the hops that are found in one of my favorite beers ever: Maine Beer Company's MO Pale Ale.

I brewed this pale ale on December 27, 2014 and it's been hanging out in the LBK ever since.

More to come...

-DG

No comments:

Post a Comment