 |
| To the NHC, post haste! |
Today I sent my two beers,
Hobson's Choice (saison) and
Plunder (Belgian Dubbel) to the National Homebrewer's Competition. Both were partial mashes, with
Hobson's Choice being a one-gallon batch and
Plunder being a 5-gallon batch. I tried both beers on March 5th and they were good but not as carbonated as I would've liked. I'm sipping on
Tis the Saison now and it's a lot more effervescent than
Hobson's Choice. The actual judging of the beers doesn't take place until the first week in April, so maybe the beers will age and carbonate in a month's time. I'll know more in mid-April...
I took a look back at my recipes and it looks like I might have followed tastybrew.com's priming calculator when I primed these batches. Normally, I follow Northern Brewer's calculator but I guess at the time I thought I'd try something else just to be safe. Well, it was safe alright. Safe and wrong!
It will be nice to get some feedback on the beer, though.
 |
| Bad picture, but here's the Hobson's Choice label |
 |
| The Plunder Belgian Dubbel label... |
No comments:
Post a Comment