| Label inspiration: I wanted to name a beer after my grandfather's family. |
(Mr. Beer’s American Devil IPA)
ABV: 4.6 + 1.4% Booster= 6.0% SRM: 8 IBU: 58
2 cans of American Devil IPA
2 packets of dry yeast
1 package of Booster
Brewed this beer on April 3, 2011. I
added the Booster before mixing the wort because I wanted more body to the beer
and more alcohol. I hope pushing it up to 6% won’t make it too sugary. We’ll
see.
I tried to follow all of the sanitizing
instructions the best I could. I think I did fairly well. I’m looking to
perfect this recipe, perhaps by adding DME, honey and/or hops in the future. I
hope I can do this recipe once a year.
Bottled Finney’s Pale Ale on April 17, 2011.
I really haven’t been keeping track of making
beer only because I was in the process of moving at the time I did the last two
beers, but this beer went fast. VERY FAST. Adding the Booster helped, I think
and I’ll be adding it to my other batches for sure.
UPDATE: I couldn't keep this beer in the refrigerator! This was my best beer to date, by far. I have a relative growing some hops for me so maybe for the next batch I'll add some homegrown Cascade hops...
It's hard to make beer any better than this, in my
opinion. I love IPAs ans I thought this beer tasted like an IPA you'd
get from the store. It wasn't overly hoppy and I like really hoppy
beers, but it was still very good.
OVERALL SCORE: 10 of 10!!!!
OVERALL SCORE: 10 of 10!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment