| Label inspiration: the Dutch word for "triple" is drievoud. |
(Mr. Beer’s Trippel Seasonal Beer)
ABV- 6.5% SRM- 9 IBU-
31
Brewed batch on May 9, 2010 (Mother’s Day). It’s
a fairly easy recipe. I added about ¾ C of sugar (the label on the can said 1
C). The yeast that came with the recipe can take temps from 59 to 75, which is
very good!
Bottled beer on May 23, 2010. Tasted
a little sweet but should be ok after 14 days fermenting. I was able to get 22
full bottles out of this one and I put the trub bottle in the fridge. We’ll see
how it goes…
Started conditioning beer on June 6, 2010.
I turned the bottles upside down a few times before I put them in the fridge.
There was some trub at the bottom of most bottles. Maybe it was the carb tabs,
who knows.
Drank some shortly before the Fourth of July 2010.
Took some over to my brother’s house on the Fourth. My parents enjoyed it. I
liked it ok, but I had some floaties in it. I’m not sure why, but it seems like
everyone on the Mr. Beer Fan forum says these beers taste better after aging—I
think they get worse.
Drank the second-to-last one (August 21, 2010). Tasted
a little strong, but more like a trippel…finally!
OVERALL SCORE: 7 of 10
No comments:
Post a Comment