Sunday, August 23, 2015

News & Notes

  • FERMENTING: I have two one-gallon beers fermenting in jugs right now. They're both sitting in the same swamp cooler. One is a Warrior-hopped Double IPA and the other is a Blackberry Irish Red Ale. 
  • CONDITIONING: I recently set my Bourbon Barrel Porter, The Dredge, aside to carbonate. My Imperial Stouts, The Mudline and The Slurry, are still conditioning at room temperature. The Spoils- an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Stout- is still hanging around and hopefully aging nicely. My second hops experiment is aging, but it might be just taking up space. We'll see.
  • ON DECK: I'm going to be making a 6.3% ABV porter and a saison from my very own (created) recipe. I'm looking forward to the saison. I ran the recipe by a brewmaster at Northern Brewer and he thought it was just fine. Hopefully all will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment